Last week i conducted an inhouse session and a workshop titled “Using Virtual Snapshots & Clones to Streamline Development & Testing” with the development team at my workplace. The session discussed the following topics:
- Advanced tips and tricks of using VMWare focusing on NDC Development & Testing Environment simulator setups.
- Setting up different NDC Development environments in seconds.
- Software Development and testing on different Service Pack / Patch Levels / OS environments simultaneously.
- Using Linked Clones for testing and reverting back to the original image.
- Creating and Using a Repository of Test Environments.
- Using the Free VM Player for offshore product demostrations.
- Creating a Virtual Team and working simulteously on a single VM from a network.
The complete paper and presentation can be downloaded from here.